Enter now: languages as a life changer competition
Languages in the Mainstream is a 12-month partnership project between the Modern Language Teachers Association of Western Australia Inc (MLTAWA) and the Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI).
The project involves the delivery of a series of public events throughout the year that promote language learning and will culminate in a revived, state-wide acknowledgement and celebration of Languages Week from 7-14 August 2017.
Excitingly, MLTAWA have now opened applications for their languages as a life changer competition.
- Share your personal story about how language learning has changed your life:
- When did your love of languages begin?
- How has language learning impacted on your life?
- Do you have a favourite quote about language or language learning? Why does it resonate with you?
- How has language learning enriched your life, opened new pathways and doors and changed your outlook on life?
This competition is open to all ages, although the short description category via Facebook is only open to adults (18 years or older). The entrant must live in Western Australia and hold a valid Australian residency visa or be an Australian citizen. Entrants under 18 years of age participating in the longer description category must provide a signed and scanned Declaration Form and attach to their email.
- Short (up to 100 words) description (LITM Facebook group) for the People’s Choice Prize.
- Longer (up to 250 words) description for the Judges Choice Prize.
- Descriptions should be written (predominantly) in English.
- People’s Choice: the post with the highest number of ‘likes ‘on the LITM Facebook group before 14 August, 2017 will win $100.
- Judges Choice: the top 4 longer (250 word) descriptions chosen by the judges will each receive $100. Their stories and photographs will be posted on the MLTAWA website and may be featured during Languages Week celebrations from 7-14 August 2017.
Click here to learn more about the submission process along with the judging criteria.