NAATI Endorsed Qualifications are tertiary translation and interpreting qualifications (diploma-level or higher) conducted by individual VET and Higher Education institutions that are acknowledged by NAATI as teaching and assessing the skills and knowledge required by the profession.
Where a qualification at an educational institution holds NAATI endorsement, students who complete the qualification at the standard required by NAATI may apply to sit a certification test without satisfying any other prerequisites. NAATI endorsement acts as a quality seal that gives credibility to an institution's qualification as well as providing a valuable incentive to future students. The endorsed qualification system will replace the current approved course system from January 2018.
Students who successfully complete a NAATI Endorsed Qualification will have fulfilled all the prerequisite criteria to access a NAATI certification test. Graduates of NAATI endorsed qualifications must apply directly to NAATI to access their certification test.
NAATI expects to release a list of endorsed qualifications in the latter half of 2017. Students who are currently completing a NAATI Approved Course can click here for an information sheet about the system changes.
Still have questions or are unsure? click here for our FAQ.
Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Bachelor degrees and Masters degrees are endorsed for specific certification types and language streams. These endorsed qualifications are usually delivered at a specific location.
Generally, to make an application an institution must fulfil the following requirements:
- The qualification must be offered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and listed on the RTO’s scope (VET institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must either be a nationally accredited course or part of a nationally recognised training package (VET institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must be approved by your institution when the application for NAATI endorsement is made (universities & self-accrediting institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must be approved by the appropriate jurisdiction when the application for NAATI endorsement is made (non self-accrediting institutions only)
- Your institution must be CRICOS registered and the proposed qualification must be listed for delivery against this registration (if enrolling international students)
Click here for the Guide to NAATI Endorsement of Translating and Interpreting Qualifications.
Click here for the NAATI Endorsed Qualification Application Form.
Still have questions or are unsure? Email email@example.com.